Customer Service: 315.853.5052

Send an email to The Burns Agency



Email us

Connect: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Refer A Friend


Our People

We are hiring:  Personal Agent Fall 2018


David J. Burns, President - Commercial Agent

   mailto: djburns @ / Phone Ext. 226

Dave has been with The Burns Agency since 1977, when he joined his father in the family business of real estate, tax preparation, and insurance. When he became an owner in 1984, the focus of the office changed to insurance. As a commercial lines agent, Dave handles the insurance needs of our business, municipal, and non-profit customers. Dave lives in the Village of Clinton with his wife, Lisa, and son, David. Dave and Lisa also have two daughters, Beverly and Chelsea.


Wendy P. Lawlor, CISR, CIC - Commercial Agent

   mailto: wplawlor @ / Phone Ext. 224

An employee since January 1988, Wendy is currently an agent for commercial lines of insurance, and is the office manager. She earned her Certified Insurance Service Representative designation in 1998 and then the Certified Insurance Counselor designation in 2004. Wendy resides in Clinton with her husband, Mark, and children, Erin, Colleen, and Jerry.


Julie A. Freemire, CISR, CIC - Personal Agent

  mailto: jafreemire @ / Phone Ext. 223

As a personal lines agent, Julie has been serving the insurance needs of individuals and families since she was hired in December 1994. She has also earned the Certified Insurance Service Representative designation and added the Certified Insurance Counselor designation in 2014. Julie, her husband, Jim, and sons, Zachary, Curtis, and Benjamin, live in Chadwicks.


Lisa B. Farmer - Bookkeeper

mailto: lfarmer @ / Phone Ext. 225

Lisa rejoined The Burns Agency in June 2011. She has over 20 years of experience in accounting and customer service. Lisa lives in New Hartford with her husband, Paul, and sons, Noah and Joshua.


Elaine D. Wallace, Receptionist, Personal Lines Rater

   mailto: ewallace @ / Phone Ext. 221

Elaine joined The Burns Agency in January 2017.  She has over 23 years of experience as an administrative assistant.  Elaine is the proud mother to four children and proud grandmother to seven grandchildren.  She enjoys reading, camping, hiking, and family gatherings.  She currently lives in the Oneida area.



Save Money Piggy Bank

Save Money!

Don't overpay for your insurance! We'll work closely with you to ensure you are getting the coverage you want at the best price.
More »

Learning about Insurance

Learning Center

Insurance Tips, Glossary of Terms, News, and Helpful Links.
More »


Learning about Insurance

Going to Canada?

Ask us for a Canadian ID card. "A U.S. traveler in Canada is required to carry a motor vehicle liability card, plus vehicle ownership papers. A copy of the automobile policy is recommended to be carried. And a Canadian Non-Resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card is strongly recommended. U.S. travelers who do not carry a Canadian Non-Resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card and are stopped by Canadian police or are in an accident while driving in Canada risk being fined or having their vehicle impounded until proof of proper coverage is obtained."